Updated ExxonMobil Internship (2023 Environmental and Property Solutions – Field)
Location: Lagos, LA, NG | Company: ExxonMobil
At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
Exxon Mobil Corporation is one of the world’s largest publicly traded companies, an industry leader in the petroleum and petrochemical business and operates in virtually every region of the world.
Mobil Producing Nigeria and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria, affiliates of ExxonMobil Corporation, and have operated in Nigeria for over 60 years and form one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
The safety and wellbeing of our employees is at the heart of everything we do. We build skills and competencies through training and work experiences in a wide range of assignments. With a long history of industry leadership and cutting edge innovation, we are committed to providing affordable and sustainable energy.
We are inviting ambitious professionals to be part of our Environmental and Property Solutions (Safety, Security, Health and Environment) department. This opportunity presents hands-on learning experience from renowned experts in different career fields in our world class organization.
You will also have the opportunity to think independently, grow to your full potential, and help shape the future of energy.
What role you will play in our team
As a Graduate Intern, you will participate in the Company’s one year graduate internship program in fulfilment of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), contributing in fresh graduates’ professional development and exposure to the benefits the experience of working in a multinational organization afford.
The positions are based at Lagos and Eket in Nigeria.
What you will do
Perform Administrative and Field functions as follows:
- Collate Loss prevention Observation (LPOs), Review for quality and upload to Business Support Centre (BSC)
- Collate Monthly team work hours to meet deadline for submission to BSC
- Prepare meetings decks and participate in the meetings
- Collate weekly reports & attend to every other scheduled/unscheduled Office requests
- Participate in sites inspections and document the inspection report as may be required
- Assist Ergo Contacts with Ergonomics assessment of personnel
- Monitor contractors safety activities ensuring they meet company specifications and standards
- Perform any other responsibilities as may be required by the SSHE Manager
Responsibilities may include but are not limited the above mentioned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Applicants to this programme must be Nigerian with a degree in Engineering or BSc in any one of the following disciplines: Mechanical, Petroleum, Chemical, Electrical or Civil.
- Must have graduated with a minimum grade of Second Class, Upper division (2:1) no earlier than 2019.
- Must have completed the National Youth Service Corps scheme (NYSC) no earlier than 2021.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer and MS office applications.
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Suite (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and Publisher)
- Proficient in the use of Adobe
- Excellent Communication skills
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups.
Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others.
For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venture, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.
Job Segment: Sustainability, CSR, Engineer, Electrical, Energy, Management, Engineering