2023 Australia Scholarships for International Students
The Australian Government and Australian Universities provide a large number of scholarships for international students wanting to study in Australia. scholars4dev.com lists the top Australia Scholarships for study at Australian Universities for international students.
Australian Government Scholarships »
Australia Awards Scholarships
- Australia Awards Scholarships, formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), are long term development awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- They provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
- The scholarship benefits generally include: full tuition fees, return air travel, establishment allowance, contribution to living expenses (CLE), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), etc.
Destination Australia Scholarships
- The Australian Government offers the Destination Australia scholarship program which aims to support both Australian and international students to study in regional Australia. Over 1000 scholarships of $15,000 will be offered per year to support the study and living expenses associated with studying a Certificate IV to Doctorate level qualification at a regional campus of an eligible University in Australia.
Australia Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships
- The Australia Research Training Program enables international students to undertake a postgraduate research qualification in Australia and gain experience with leading Australian researchers.
- The scholarships are available for a period of two years for a Masters by research degree or three years for a Doctorate by research degree. The scholarship covers tuition fees and health cover costs.
Australian University Scholarships »
University of Sydney International Scholarships
- The University of Sydney invites candidates who are eligible to undertake a Postgraduate Research Degree or Master’s by Research program at this University to apply for the University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS).
- USydIS will cover tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years with a possibility of one semester’s extension for PhD students.
Macquarie University International Scholarships
- The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding students to study an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Macquarie University North Ryde campus. The scholarship amount is varied up to AUD$10,000.
Griffith Remarkable Scholarships
- Griffith University is making available the Griffith Remarkable Scholarship for exceptional students applying for undergraduate and postgraduate coursework studies at Griffith University.
- The scholarship covers 50% of tuition fees that will be deducted from the tuition fees for the duration of the program.
University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships
- The Graduate Research Scholarship was established by the University of Melbourne and is awarded to high achieving domestic and international research students.
- Scholarship benefits include tuition fee waiver, living allowance, relocation grant, and overseas student health cover.
- Also see Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships
Adelaide Global Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- The University of Adelaide Global Academic Excellence International Scholarship is a highly competitive award that rewards commencing undergraduate and postgraduate coursework international students who have demonstrated academic excellence in previous studies.
- The scholarship covers 50% of the tuition fees.
Flinders International Postgraduate Scholarships
- Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (FIPRS) are awarded to suitably qualified applicants to pursue a full-time research higher degree at Flinders University – up to two years for a Research Masters degree and up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree.
- The scholarship covers the international student tuition fees, living allowance, establishment allowance, relocation costs and airfares.
Charles Darwin University Vice-Chancellor’s International High Achievers Scholarships
- Charles Darwin University offers a limited number of 25-50% tuition fee scholarships to international students who have a record of academic excellence and high achievement and who are seeking to commence an Undergraduate or Postgraduate coursework degree at CDU.
UNSW International Scholarships
- UNSW offers a wide range of Scholarships and Awards to support International undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students commencing full-time study at UNSW.
- The scholarships may provide full or partial tuition fee payment, while others provide a stipend to assist with the costs associated with your studies.